For developers, it’s not enough to create a flawless solution with a number of cool features. The most important thing is to keep up with the preferences of users and remarks left in app stores. Actually, these remarks and smart analytics are the keys to successful updates.
For customers, it’s important to use all of the opportunities developers gladly offer. What may be so special about it? Firstly, you might lose lots of new features. But more importantly, app updates often have improvements in the security issue.
Do you want to know more? Today, we will learn the basics of app updating. After all, it all starts with the very beginning, and a good beginning leads to the best results.
Before we dive into the very process of updating, let’s review some innovations Google Play has to offer for more convenient app management.
You might have already noticed some changes in “My apps & games” section if you ever go to Play Store. The reason we bring that up is it’s a place where you follow new updates and reinstall them. The new section has more useful information and far easier access to it. To embrace the changes, let’s compare the two versions.
At the first glance, here’s what we see:
The best part is waiting for you just next to the “Updates” tab. In the “Installed” section, you could sort all the apps you have using four criteria:
We strongly recommend you to try “Last used” filter, so you could see which apps haven’t been used for several weeks. This is the right time to get rid of things you don’t need.
Now, let’s figure out what you should know about app updating and its features in the step-by-step instruction.
Google gives you several options in app updating. Your smartphone can update applications either automatically or manually. You may also choose whether all apps will be upgraded or only some of them. So, let’s consider all of these issues.
This part became obvious when we reviewed the new interface of Play Store.
Dealing with the iPhone, you can upgrade apps via App Store (in the smartphone) or on iTunes (using a computer).
1. Open App Store. This is a pre-installed app, which has the icon: . Sign in if it’s necessary – you’ll need your Apple ID and a password.
2. In the lower right corner, there is the Updates button . If there are any available upgrades at the moment, you’ll see a red bubble over this button .
3. You may tap Update All on the top of the screen or upgrade only several products by tapping the button next to the app.
1. Connect your iPhone with the PC using USB.
2. iTunes could open automatically if your computer has such settings. Or you may open it manually: . You should also be sure that the program is installed on your PC.
3. Open the page selection menu: . You will find it on the top left side of the screen. When the list appears, click on the Edit button.
4. You will have several options – we need the Apps box and then the Done button.
5. Now, click the Apps button. You will find it next to the page selection menu: . Sign in to the Apple account if you didn’t do it before.
6. Click on Updates – you will see all the apps requiring any renovations.
7. Use the right click on the app you want to update. You may also use a combination Ctrl+click if there are more than one application.
8. If you want to be sure your downloads are okay, click on the button of download on the top right side of the screen. And that’s it!
Unlike Android phones, iPhones don’t have the option of updating only for specific applications. If you want your apps to be updated automatically, follow the steps:
If you turn off the option of using mobile data, all apps will be downloaded strictly through WiFi. If you turn the option on, the maximum size of a download file won’t be bigger than 100 MB. But in any case, you should consider this amount of data.
None of us stays the same with time. In the world of technology, this constant process of changing is hugely accelerated. That’s why any product on the mobile market can’t afford to stay in one spot.
As for the customers, they always have new demands in their minds. App updates appear at the intersection of the people’s needs and technical improvements. And to be sure you embrace all of the changes, check out the updates developers thoroughly work on.